In response to high-quality, low-priced import guitars, Fender created the Lead Series in 1979, featuring a new solid-body design, hard-tail bridges and cool new wiring options. Appealing to a wide variety of players, the sleek new Lead models kicked off a fresh creative era in Fender?s history.
The Player Lead II is an homage to those late 70's models, featuring dual-slanted Player series single coil pickups, a modern "C" neck shape with medium jumbo frets, dual-toggle switches (one for pickup selection, one for phase-reverse), and of course that unique Lead double-cutaway shape. Available in Neon Green, as well as vintage-correct Crimson Red Transparent and Black.
The Player Lead Series offers style, power and versatility in a comfortable, easy-to-play package.
Weight: 6lb 8oz
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:Player Lead II
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss Polyester
- Color:Neon Green
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:Modern C
- Fingerboard Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay:Black Dots
- Number of Frets:22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Nut Width:1.650"
- Nut Material:Synthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:6-Saddle String-through Body Hardtail with Block Saddles
- Tuners:Vintage Style
- Neck Pickup:Player Series Alnico V Strat Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Player Series Alnico V Strat Single-coil
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 2-way toggle phase switch, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings:Fender NPS, .009-.042
- Manufacturer Part Number:0144212525
Includes Set Up Before Shipment