EarthQuaker Devices Tone Job V2 EQ and Boost Pedal
This compact Boost & EQ device is based around the tone-shaping options available in old audiophile-grade stereo preamps, making it a great addition to your pedalboard, no matter what instrument you play.
So what does that mean, exactly? It means that you’ll hear full frequency response from your Tone Job everywhere you plug it in – guitar, bass, drum machine, synthesizers, steel drums, harpsichord, kazoo, car stereo, or wherever!
The Tone Job has active EQ controls for Bass, Mid and Treble, with up to 20 dB of cut or boost, which is handy for pairing up with other pedals in your chain to breathe new life into old dirt. Unlike boring old graphic EQs, the Tone Job’s EQ controls are interactive, so you can experiment with different settings to alter the response and overall feel of the device, getting your tone out of the lunchroom and back on the clock.
Place the Tone Job at the beginning of your chain to alter the overall character of your guitar, or use it at the end to boost output at the end of a long cable run and fine-tune your tone. The Level control on the Tone Job can boost your signal up to 5x the original input level, so you’ll always be heard, and makes for a fantastic solo and/or clean boost!
EarthQuaker Devices Tone Job V2 EQ/Booster Pedal Features:
- EQ/booster pedal for guitar
- Second-generation edition with upgraded relay-based silent switching
- Treble control affects frequencies at 2kHz and up
- Bass affects frequencies from 500Hz and down
- Mid is an adjustable resonant filter with a 1kHz center frequency
- Level boosts your signal up to five times its input
- True bypass operation bypasses the EQ circuit completely when pedal is disengaged
- Handmade one at a time in Akron, Ohio